It is STILL raining. It’s been raining for days and it looks like it’s going to keep raining. But, don’t let the rain be an excuse to keep you from healthy activities today.
Even if you have a gym membership, it is so tempting in this weather to not get out any more than you absolutely have to. And, we get it! We’d rather be at home than hitting the gym (and hitting the trails or the park is completely out of the question). Taking a rest day is okay, BUT with this weather, a rest day could turn into a rest week, which leads to forming a bad habit of inactivity.
So, find something to do to get your body moving!
- Search YouTube for workouts (or subscribe to a trial of a streaming workout platform).
- Walk up and down the halls. Pace while you’re on your phone or scrolling Twitter.
- Do some extra housework. Chores like vacuuming and mopping burn a lot of calories! (Take some extra time and sanitize door/cabinet handles, faucets, and other places that aren’t regularly cleaned. It’s also germy season.)
- Turn on some music and dance like no one is watching.
- Walk in place while watching TV.
- Prepare for the week by cleaning out the fridge or organizing the pantry (that doubles as a workout!)
- Browse through healthy recipes and pick something new to try this week.
- Create your meal plan for the week. (Bonus: Most of the stores have online shopping now. Buy your groceries and then go pick them up without ever going in the store. Saves you from the temptation of impulse buying!)
- Learn how to use a food tracking app, like My Fitness Pal to begin journaling about your intake.
- Do a puzzle.
- Read a book.
- Take some time for yourself.
- Watch a documentary or listen to a podcast.
- Write a letter to a friend.
- Call a family member.