The Duodenal Switch is a sleeve of the stomach combined with a bypass of the intestines.
It is a laparoscopic procedure that reduces the food you eat and makes better use of the food you do eat.
It works differently than other main stream weight operations in that it blocks 80% of fat calorie absorption leading to lasting weight loss for many patients.
Contact your doctor to see if the Duodenal Switch (DSwitch) may be right for you.
- Surgeons create a small stomach pouch shaped like a tube, making the stomach smaller.
- The small intestine is then divided into two parts. The lower part is attached to the new, smaller stomach.
- The procedure changes the digestive track by not mixing digestive enzymes until far in the digestive track.
- This reduces the amount of food you eat and makes better use of the food you do eat.
- No implanted medical device
- Changes the signals your stomach sends to the rest of your body, including your brain, that control you blood sugar levels, feelings of fullness, and hunger
BMI of 40 or over OR
BMI of 35 or over with obesity-related illnesses such as:
- Diabetes mellitus type 2
- Coronary heart disease
- Sleep apnea
An understanding of the operation and lifestyle changes necessary following the surgery.
* Results may vary from person to person.
Contact Us About This Procedure!